What I Am Not:
- A food photographer (thanks Hipstamatic & Instagram!)
- A seasoned blogger, or a good writer for that matter.
- A person who always follows recipes.
What I Am:
- Full-time assistant at a media company and a part time blogger.
- The holder of a certificate in Baking & Pastry from Kendal College. (Was in a program just long enough to give you a lay of the land, but not long enough to be called a pastry chef.)
- The owner of edith + ethel (an online cookie boutique that specializes in corporate gifts)
- A person who loves the process of baking.
- Someone who like to see baked goods in pretty packages.
- A person who strives for perfection, but who’s not afraid to make mistakes in the kitchen ( I expect them and make them often!)
- A person who always keeps at least 3 dozen eggs, 4 pounds of butter and a container of buttermilk in the fridge. Just in case.
- A person who often second guesses cooking and baking decisions, and hopes it all works out in the end.
- A collector of vintage and Lomo cameras (some of them actually work!)
- A neurotic baker.
Thanks for stopping by, and please be patient as I enter this new uncharted territory!